The Linn Genealogy Research Room (LGS Library) is open when volunteers are available to staff the Room and the Albany Public Library on 14th Avenue is open. Check the Volunteer Schedule calendar for days and hours when someone has volunteered to staff the LGS Library.
Volunteers sign up for three hour shifts each day the Albany Public Library is open. However, some shifts may not have a staff volunteer, so the LGS Library may not be open even though the Albany Public Library is open. Please check the LGS hours list or the Library Hours calendar on the LGS website before visiting the Research Room. Typical volunteer shift hours for the LGS Library (Linn Genealogy Research Room) are:
- Sunday: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Monday: 2:00pm to 5:00pm, 5:00pm to 8:00 pm
- Tuesday: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, 1:00pm to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Thursday: Closed (LGS Project Day)
- Friday: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Saturday: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm (except the first Saturday of each month)
The Linn Genealogy Research Room is closed when the Albany Public Library is closed, which is most national holidays, Saturday, Sunday mornings, and Thursday, Friday, Saturday evenings. Check the Public Library hours.